Sunday, May 18, 2008

While I Have the Time

I figured I should put up a few photos of what we did this weekend, considering I go back to school tomorrow and life is about to get very hectic.

My stroller and the nursery bedding arrived right on time, so naturally I had to get it all out and play with it. I pushed Lola around in the stroller, she wasn't impressed. I made Kreat feel all of the pieces of the bedding and "ooh and aahh" over how soft they are; he didn't really care, but went along with it to make me happy.





Yesterday (Saturday), I planted our small, yet enjoyable garden. Due to the configuration of our yard and the fact that we have two dogs that love to dig, we plant our vegetables every year in whiskey barrels. It's not much, but I love doing it. This year our theme is "Salsa" - totally influenced by my Mexican cravings. Our goal is to grow our own ingredients to make our own salsa...wish us luck.

Cilantro: According to the little plastic stick in the soil of the plant, each of these tiny little things will grow to fill the entire pot...


Onions: Each little green thing is the start of one onion. We planted 27 of them.


Tomatoes: We only planted two; that should be plenty.


Peppers: Mucho Nacho's and Jalapeno's...delicious. We planted six plants. Notice the chicken wire surrounding the plants? The dogs LOVE peppers and without this reinforcement, they will eat any pepper that grows on these plants.


Lola and Titan weren't very productive as I schlept dirt and plants around, they were more interested in watching us.




This photo was taken today - 24 5/7 weeks; my son is almost viable. Explanation: at 25/26 weeks fetus's are considered "viable" meaning they can theorectically survive outside of the womb. And because I have taken care of 26 week babies in the NICU, I would really like my son to remain in-utero for a long time to come; no preemie please.

1 comment:

sue said...

Home grown veggies are SUPER yummy, I hope they grew nicely for you. The jalapeno plants might get huge, with blackish/purple peppers that are too hot for me to eat, but Jared loved them in FL. Good luck in school for the next crazy busy period and I'll call you when the kids aren't around so I can actually have a conversation. Love you