Friday, May 30, 2008

Nursery: Phase I

Remember the dilemma I was having over what to do with the nursery furniture that was boxed all over my house? Well, about a week ago, I moved my brother's stuff into the front bed room and began phase one of Project Nursery. I assembled all of the furniture, by myself I might add, and set everything where I wanted it. The walls are still bare and paint less and there are no drapes on the window, but that will just have to wait. At least I don't have giant boxes strewn all over my house. It's nice to actually have a space for my little nugget of joy, even though he's not here yet.

The crib:


The most comfy rocker ever!



Changing Table:


Car Seat - This was a gift from my mom.



Summer semester is in full swing. I hate it. I'm keeping my eye on the prize, working hard and doing my best to remain focused. I finished last semester with decent grades; I knew I wasn't going to get a 4.0 this time and I didn't even try. I just could not put in the emotional and mental effort, I took my 3.75 with a big smile on my face and said "Two more semesters to go!"

Question: Why do people think that they can touch my belly? For those of you who have experienced this, please comment. People who normally don't talk to me (and perfect strangers) are now touching my belly - why? I would never walk up to a fat chick and start rubbing her flab, so why do people assume that they can rub my belly? Just because there is a baby in there doesn't make it any less awkward. When my son is born I certainly don't want people touching him without permission, so why wouldn't they ask before they put their filthy, nose-picking fingers on my belly? It boggles me.

The belly: 26 4/7 weeks




P.S. Don't judge my dirty bathroom - I asked for it to be cleaned two weeks ago and I refuse to break down and do it myself. It's the principle of the matter...

1 comment:

sue said...

you look great and people must touch your belly because you are such a beautiful pregnant lady who radiates. and I wouldn't clean the bathroom either if I were you. oh ya, I am totally jealous that you get a nursery, this is number 3 and I still haven't had one.