Friday, October 10, 2008

Sweet Dreams


I haven't said anything about this, because I didn't want to jinx myself, but now I feel like we're out of the woods: Marshall sleeps through the night! He is seven weeks old and for the last week and a half he has consistantly had his last feeding between 2300 and midnight (late, I know, but it's okay) then he sleeps until 0630 or 0700, eats again, and goes BACK TO SLEEP for another 3-4 hours!!!

After the second night that he did this, I thought "Oh! Maybe we're into something good..." and now I am convinced. It has been so great. However, because I'm nursing him, I have to get up in the middle of the night to pump, because I can't go 6.5-7 hours without feeding him; I'll explode. So even though he is sleeping through the night, I'm not, but it's okay because now we are all on a really nice schedule. (And getting up once to pump is a million times better than getting up every 2.5-3 hours to nurse him!)

How we got such a sweet baby is beyond me. The above photo was taken today - he's getting so big! And he is starting to smile, but only if he's really happy to see you.

2 comments:

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

Yeah I would have to say that you are very lucky!! Little Marshall is so cute and I love those big eyes! Hope you all are doing great in GJ!!

Berkley said...

Haha. You're right. I haven't left a comment on this post, have I? Marshall, stop being so perfect! It's not fair to the rest of us. Don't worry. Bailey will teach you some fun night games to play during Thanksgiving. She still LOVES getting up at night.