Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a really enjoyable Easter. Dinner was great. Since we hosted, I felt obliged to cook a nice Easter dinner for the fam...it was a lot of work, but turned out pretty good. The menu: Honey Ham, Apricot-Rosemary Leg of Lamb, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, citrus salad (courtesy of Quinta), rolls and a Lemon Chiffon Cake with Lemon Glaze...delicious!

We had family over and I strongly urged everyone to participate in an adult egg hunt. Most of them were willing, although Kreat needed a little coercing. Friday night Quinta and I dyed eggs. I had forgotten how much fun it is! When I was just a little girl my parents banned the egg hunt due to unnecessary roughness, so it was nice to do it this year.

I put together a basket for every one (the Easter bunny still comes around this house!) It was nice. I look forward to next year when Marshall will be able to hunt for eggs!!


3 comments:

sue said...

It sounds not only yummy, but wonderful! I wish we could have been there, but I am glad you enjoyed it. By the way cute pics of Marshall and the muffins! Did he actually eat any?

Kate Lewis said...

It sounds like a very, very good Easter dinner--I wish I could have tried it, especially the Lemon Chiffon Cake. I love decorating Easter eggs too, we decorated them this year for the first time since I was in high school, and it was really fun. I liked the last picture a lot, everyone looks like they're having a good time!

Berkley said...

Sounds like you did a great job, hostess. I love all the Easter baskets you made for everyone. Looks like fun. I'll look for ours in the mail. :)