Monday, April 6, 2009

Rise and Shine!

To all you mothers out there:

Remember when you could awaken in the morning to the sun shining through the windows, birds singing...you could lay in your warm bed for a few minutes before you started the day?

Ah, the days of yester-year.

I was awakened at 0400 to a child covered in diarrhea. I cleaned him up and he went back to sleep for a few hours. At 0630, after finishing his milk, he came into bed with me for snuggle time. As the morning dawn began to creep in through the drapes, I heard a funny sound, like he was gagging. I quickly sat him up, and as soon as he was seated, he projectile vomitted directly into my face. Into my eyes. Into my mouth. My hair was saturated in bile and stomach content and partially digested formula.

Good Morning!

5 comments:

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness, i guess you can't call yourself a mom until you've experienced that joy, huh!? Hope little Marshall gets to feeling better fast and he doesn't pass it on to you and Kreat! Love all his picture!!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Nothing says "welcome to motherhood" like a little diarrea and puke!! Hope he's feeling better soon :)

Kate Lewis said...

I think having a sick (especially throwing up) baby is one of the worst parts of motherhood. But I can't say I've ever gotten throw up on my face, let alone in my eyes and mouth. It sounds truly terrible. I hope you're all back to better, and you didn't get sick too!

Kate Lewis said...

I miss sleeping in too. :)

sue said...

Well I must be your evil sister in law because that really made me laugh out loud. Because it wasn't my kid. I hope you don't have to taste his breakfast again anytime soon, or ever.