Sunday, August 17, 2008

Four Days Left


Today was the last time that I attended church pregnant. That means that today was the last time I had to wrangle myself into pantyhose and smash my swollen feet into high heels. The pantyhose came off in the car on the way home and went immediately into the trash can.

This week is going to be crazy for us, as it is the week of The Passenger's big arrival.

Monday we have our last doctor's appointment at 0900 - it's a preoperative appointment; we'll discuss the procedure, possible complications, expected recovery, limitations on what I can and can't do after I come home, etc & I'll sign the consent form. I have a few questions that I'll ask my doctor and I'll have him show Kreat where the incision will be made and approximately how big it will be, just so that he knows what to expect.

Tuesday I have a day at the spa scheduled: 60 minute pregnancy massage, french facial and a deluxe pedicure with a paraffin dip...total time: 3.5 hours of pampering. I can't wait. I want to look beautiful for my son's birth.

Wednesday I go back to school from 0900-1430. Nothing super exciting about the first day of school, except that it means I am almost finished - like, totally, 100% finished. My last semester, FINALLY.

Thursday at 0600 we arrive at the hospital. I'll have an IV started, get a liter of fluids, get hooked up to the monitors so that we have a strip on baby before the delivery and at approximately 0730 I'll walk into the OR, get a nice Duramorph spinal and have a baby!

Friday we will still be in the hospital.

Saturday after 1200 we should be cleared for discharge if everything looks good with me and baby.

It is going to be a very exciting week for us. We are really ready for this pregnancy to be over and for our lives as parents and as a family to start. Keep us in your prayers. We love you all. Kreat will be making very brief phone calls or sending text messages out the morning of the birth to update everyone. We ask that if you get a phone call to remember that we have LOTS of people to call, so don't be offended if it is a very short update - we'll have plenty of time to talk to all of you later that day or over the weekend. I can't believe this is happening already; it feels like I just found out I was pregnant and now I'm having a baby...weird.

P.S. As of last night he finally has a name...at least for now.

2 comments:

sue said...

hooray for the end of pregnancy!!! You look great and I can't believe you wore nylons and heels, I was in flip flops by the end. Enjoy your pampering and call about 5 days after you feel like you should because we already know you love us.

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

You do look so great and I wish I was there to give you a hand once he comes. Yeah, you have a name and I'm so glad that there are only a couple days left till I get to know what it is! You guys are pretty good secret keepers! Love you guys and we miss you!