Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's Official

Yesterday at my doctor's appointment my stubborn baby was in the exact (literally, exact) same position that he has been in for over 6 weeks now. He is folded in half, his feet are by his head and bottom is sunken into my pelvis - where his head should be - and his head is up under my right breast.

So, here's the big announcement: on Thursday August 21 @ 0730 I am having a C-section.

To be quite honest, I'm so excited! I can't wait to see him and hold him. I don't really care how he gets here, as long as he gets here safely. I feel as though I have a slight advantage, because I have seen so many C-sections and know what to expect that my anxiety level is at a 1/10. I'm ready.

We should be cleared to leave the hospital on Saturday the 23, if all goes as planned. I've prepped Kreat for how the procedure goes and what he can expect from all of this. He has been so supportive and more than anything just wants a healthy baby.

So in 16 days we will have a beautiful baby boy. I could not be happier.

P.S. He still does not have a name.

2 comments:

sue said...

It's cool that all the grandsons will be born on the 21st makes it easy to remember. Good luck on the name!!

Berkley said...

That's so exciting! I'm honestly almost crying after reading your post. Weird, I know. It's just such an amazing thing to have a baby. It's such a special time. I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm sure it will. I wish we could be closer, but we'll look forward to LOTS of pictures. (I can't believe how close it is!)