Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's The Final Count-Down!

Last night my girlfriends from work threw a dual baby shower for myself and Missy (who is about 4 weeks behind me in the running). It was a lot of fun but I didn't take any pictures! I know, loser. Melanie took a ton, so when I get them from her, I will post them for all to enjoy.

An exciting tid-bit: in T minus 8 days I will be having a baby! Holy crap. Eight days. The count-down is on and my house is being cleaned feverishly. Kreat scrubbed bathrooms for me (I refused to do it; my least favorite cleaning task) and I have been giving every nook and cranny the once over. The other night at 2330 I was cleaning the oven and Kreat said, "Uh, hon, I don't think the baby's going to look that close..." Nevertheless, I continued in my efforts to make the house "suitable" for our anticipated arrival.

On the agenda for today: wash all of the blankets, burp cloths, wash cloths and newborn/0-3 month outfits and get them put away for use. I stayed up last night assembling the swing (thanks Jordan & Casey!), bouncer seat, diaper genie and baby monitors. Who knew that one little person would entale so much preparation...I have a feeling this child is going to be a little bit spoiled. The hard part is trying to find space for all of the baby paraphanalia that has been accumulating.

We don't have our bags packed for the hospital - I figure I know when I'm going so I'll pack the night before, take an Ambien, get a good night's sleep then go have a baby. Isn't that funny? There's not much guessing with this, is there? No anticipation of my water breaking or running to hospital in the middle of the night...we're just going to go in and have a baby. I love it. It suits a control-freak, fanatic planner like myself to a T.

2 comments:

Berkley said...

I keep thinking about you guys. I can't believe how close it is. Enjoy these last few days of sleeping whenever you want to and doing whatever you want whenever you want! Have you guys decided on a name yet? If not, I think you should just keep The Passenger. It's kind of catchy and definitely one of a kind.

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

Counting down the days! How exciting and we've been thinking of you guys. I'm sure your house will be fine, no matter how clean it is! Keep us posted!