Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleepy Time Update

As you all know, we started sleep training Marshall. Much to our surprise, it is TOTALLY working. We start the bedtime routine at 2130 and he's in his bed at 2200. He has never screamed himself to sleep since we began this process a week ago, and he sleeps until atleast 0500 every morning.

Last night he was so sleepy at 2100 and I thought, "Oh no. He's going to fall alseep early and then awaken in the middle of the night." I was able to keep him awake until 2130 when we start the routine, but at 2145 and after 6oz of milk, he was crashed out. I think that he is slowly beginning to move his bedtime up a little, which is fine with me!

I was still concerned that he wouldn't make it until 0500, but when we checked on him he was still sleeping away. We turned on the monitor and he didn't get up to eat until 0630! Then he went back to sleep until 0930.

I'm so glad that I got over my anxiety about sleep training him because we are all doing so much better now that we've done it.

4 comments:

sue said...

YAY for Marshall!!!! What a good baby! Now, if only Lincoln would ease up on the nursing.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

See?!? You can do it! Bedtime routines are so beneficial!! I STILL have them and my kids aren't babies anymore. It's kinda therapeutic (even for the mommy!) :)

Kate Lewis said...

I'm so glad it's going so well! It's hard enough being a mom, without being tired too! (And having a tired, cranky baby)!

Also, I wanted to belatedly wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope your special day was a great one!

Berkley said...

Yeah, Marshall! I'm so glad it worked for you guys, and he's sleeping better. It's like getting your life back again. It's SO nice.