Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lots of Catching Up To Do

In usual slacker style, I have failed to update my blog even though I promised I would after Kreat and I went to Breckenridge. Well, I'm still a loser, but enjoy my photos:

The day we left for Breckenridge we had a 4D Ultrasound (I take it you have seen the images from that). Here's me at 30 2/7 weeks awaiting the big moment (I look so fat, it's hilarious!):


View from our hotel room and the super gorgeous drive through the Rockies:












A few weeks after returning from Breckenridge, Kreat celebrated his 31st birthday. To my surprise, he picked a chocolate-on-chocolate cake; I'm not sure if that's what he truly wanted or if he was just trying to make his super pregnant wife happy - either way, it was delicious.




And as promised, here's my ever growing belly. Pardon the no-makeup look, but I took these on impulse for your viewing pleasure. I'm 33 1/7 today and have gained 31lbs. I know, it's ridiculous. I've come to terms with the fact that I will gain an easy 40lbs with this baby...whatever.






Other than the above activities, not much else is happening with us. I started painting the nursery yesterday. I figured that this is my first baby and I better just do it so I won't have any regrets. Right now, I'm regretting the decision to paint the stupid room. I'm tired, my back hurts and I'm sick of climbing up and down the damn latter every five minutes because the phone rings constantly. I swear, no one calls me when I'm doing nothing but the second I undertake a project that I'm trying to make stress-free and enjoyable - every one wants to talk. No offense to those who have called mid-brush-stroke, I love you all, but you climb a latter fifty thousand times with 31 extra lbs strapped to your butt. When phase two of the nursery is done, I'll post photos.

Summer school officially ended the first week of July, but if you recall, I was going to do a bunch of extra stuff this summer on my own so that I won't have to do it once the baby gets here. So I am currently in the middle of completing 116 hours of clinical time in Labor & Delivery, NICU, OB and Pediatrics. I'll be totally done with all of that garbage on the 26th. Putting the time in isn't so bad, but the 125 pages of careplans, worksheets and evaluations is killer.

There is an end in site! To those of you I haven't spoken with in a while (Susan...Berkley...Cecilie...) know that I love you and am thinking about you. Susan, let me know when you deliver Lincoln, no matter what time it is.

Until next time...

1 comment:

sue said...

don't feel bad about the weight, I am sure that you read my 180lbs!!!! It grosses me out but oh well can't diet now. You look great by the way and good on you for painting the nursery. this is number 3 and I still haven't had one so I am jealous.