Monday, July 21, 2008

Nursery Phase II

A week after I began the paint project in the nursery, it's done...the painting that is. As you know, I am a very meticulous, detail oriented person; that explains why it took me one week to paint a very small room.

I started with Costa Rica blue, being incredibly careful to not get any on the ceiling and to ensure that the ceiling was cut in just perfectly. The blue part was the easy part. Next came the base board - I had to mask off the carpet and my beautiful blue walls to guarantee a perfectly clean finish. The taping took forever. So there I was, 33.5 weeks pregnant, scooting around the room on my butt, taping off base board; my legs went numb.

After the taping was completed, I started the white paint. Now, because I am painting over tan with white, it took me three coats of white paint to get the right coverage. That means it took three times longer than I wanted to spend on my butt in the nursery. But it does look beautiful. After the base boards were done, I had to paint the window sill white and the door jam; by this point in the project, my patience was running out and I still had the closet doors, the bedroom door and 40' of chair rail to paint. Kreat could tell that I was getting a little "snippy" - he went to Lowe's to pick up my chair rail and came home with a professional paint sprayer to save my back and wrists from any further strain.

He sprayed all of my chair rail for me (prior to putting it up), the closet doors and the bedroom door - he saved me an easy eight hours of brush painting. It was lovely. After I put the chair rail up, and yes I cut it and everything myself, Kreat helped me hang the doors up, put the blinds back on the window and... TA DA! Phase II is complete, the hardest part is over. Now I need to move the furniture back and decorate the room.

When Phase III is completed I will post more photos. Enjoy the attached - it's going to be really cute when it's finished; for those who don't know, the theme is fish & ocean, which is why I painted it Costa Rica blue...





2 comments:

sue said...

I am all about pregnant ladies doing things by themselves, you go girl and it look great.

The Hoaglund's Blog said...

Lauren, looks great! Can't wait to see it all put together. After your baby showers the room will be stuffed full.

Melanie