Monday, July 28, 2008

Quick Update

At the doctor's appointment today everything went fine. I didn't do the version and I felt really good about that decision.

We did have the ultrasound which is still showing our little guy in the frank-breech presentation. He's just happy as a clam in there. According to the measurements, he weighs 6 pounds (+/- 1 pound)!! That's huge for 35 weeks! I'm hoping he's more on the 5 pound side of things, but if he really is giant then it means less weight to come off of my tushy in a month.

During the ultrasound when my doctor was measuring baby's head, I noticed he was taking a long time;

"What 'cha looking at?" I asked.

The reply: "Um, did either of you have particularly large heads when you were born?"

We both said that we don't recall ever hearing that our heads were huge...(I knew where this was going)...

"Why?" I asked, knowing what he was going to say.

"Let's just say, it might be better for you if this baby doesn't turn around."

Great. My kid has an abnormally large head - he better be freakin' brilliant. We have another ultrasound next Monday; the plan is to keep an eye on him for a while and see what he decides to do. We'll keep you all posted. Other than that, everything is great. The nursery has three more fish on the walls, I don't have to stay on bedrest any more and we're just going to let mother nature/my stubborn child run the show. Kreat and I are getting really excited for his big arrival.

1 comment:

Berkley said...

I'm glad everything went well. I can't wait to meet this little guy! And you're right, there wasn't a single picture of Bailey in Skigh's b-day post. It was past her bedtime, so she had to miss the party. Sad, I know.